How to clear your internet browser cache
WP Manager Guide - How to Clear your Browser / Internet Cache
Deleting your browser/internet cache can be extremely useful when working or having updates done on a website.
Cached site history can sometimes affect what we see, so if you are not seeing changes you would expect on your website, chances are it is caching.
Here are the steps to delete your browser cache on PC
Deleting your cache on a Chrome Browser
[Quick Tip you can delete your cache by holding down the CTRL + SHIFT + DEL buttons together on your keyboard. ]
- Load up your browser. On your Browser, move your cursor to the top right hand of the screen.
- Click on the 3 dots icon:
- On Chrome : move down to where it says more tools> (on chrome)
- On IE : Click Settings
- Firefox: Look for the Hamburger Icon (3 lines instead of dots) > Click Tools / Options > Privacy & Security or Privacy tab on the left. In the History area, click the clear your recent history link.
- Click Clear Browsing Data (N.B. On Chrome you will then see the pop up below.)
- Although not imperitive, it is good to clear your browsing history and cookies every now and then, but the focal point is usually the Cached Images and Files
- Then reload your website. If you are still having trouble you can always enter "Incognito Mode" Which is a Google Chrome Browser that is cache-less. This can be accessed by right clicking on the Chrome Internet icon - and selecting New Incognito Window
- The same applies for IE and Firefox, just click on the Private Browser/ Window option
Clear Cache on MAC Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Click the History tab, in the top menu.
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…”
- Choose the time range (most likely “all history”) that you wish to clear.
- Click “Clear History.” Done.